With everyone staying home to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, it’s more important than ever to stay connected with your group. We are moving all of our in person group gatherings online where you can join in and interact using a smartphone, tablet or computer.
If you are in a group (home group, men’s group, women’s group, or a Sunday morning on-campus group), be looking for an email from your group leader with a link to join in on the next online group gathering. Groups will be using a platform called Zoom which allows for quick and easy group video meetings. If you’ll be using your computer, be sure it has a camera and microphone built in, then simply click the link from your leader’s email when it’s time to meet. The best thing about zoom is that it is FREE for leaders and users.
To Join an Online Group, Click the Button Below:
How to Use Zoom
Your small group leaders are being provided instruction on how to create a Zoom meeting for your group. Here are step by step instructions to be able to download the zoom app and participate in the group gathering.
- Download the Zoom app on your mobile device or computer.
- iPhone App Download (iPhone and iPad)
- Android App Download (Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc.)
- Desktop App
- Once you have downloaded the app, you are all set for the first meeting.
- Your small group leader will send you an email or text with a meeting link or a meeting code before your group meeting time.
- To access the meeting via email: open your email on the device that you will be using for the Zoom meeting. Click or tap the Join Link in the email invite.To access the meeting via the app: open the app on your phone or tablet. Tap “Join a Meeting” and enter the 9-digit meeting code.If your group leader hasn’t started the meeting yet, a screen will pop up with a “Waiting for the host to start”.
- Small group leaders will have the Zoom meeting ready to go for your group’s meeting time. Your small group leaders will be in contact with you with your meeting time if it has changed at all.
- Select “Join with Video” in the window that opens. You can turn on and off audio and video using the microphone and camera buttons that are in the lower left-hand corner of the Zoom meeting window.If you can’t hear audio, make sure that the volume is up on your phone. Check out the video below for more info about how to configure your audio and video.
- To help prevent background noise interruptions, please mute your mic when you are not speaking using the little button on the lower left-hand side of your screen.
Not in a Group?
If you are not currently in a group, but you would like to be, we encourage you to join one of our new online groups that start the week of March 30-April 5.
We believe that the best way to grow is by doing life together with other people (even online). This is why we often say at Trinity that circles are better than rows. It is essential for your spiritual growth to step out of a row and into a circle with other people so that you can be encouraged, challenged, and grow in your relationship with God.